Be thinking about who you want to partner with this year. Our host this year will be the Z-Jackson Ranch near Murray… think last year’s race… on steroids.
CFV Urban-Forager Run Version 2
What – An absolutely brutal, but “fun”, 10-12 mile-ish partner run/trek through the rough country of the Z- ranch where everything bites, stings, or scratches… finding hidden caches using your wits and your fitness. You and your partner’s job is to locate the hidden caches (Tupperware boxes) using navigation skills (as there are little in the way of trails) and decipher the clues and maps inside to find your way to the next location. Besides dodging cantankerous bulls, wily rattlesnakes, and endless fields of prickly pear there will also be “other” challenges included along the way…climbing, crawling, carrying, memorizing, bushwhacking, etc…be ready for ANYTHING. The race has a 4hour cut-off.
When – tentatively scheduled for Saturday, January 3rd @ 9:00am
Where – Race will start at North-Camp and end at…???
Prizes – Other than “braggin’ rights” there will be no fancy medals or cash awards, although there might be a rock on some barbed wire or some other random object for the winners/finishers.
- There will be a sign up sheet at THE Box soon.
- No other means of transportation may be used other than by foot… unless you rope a bull.
- A waiver must be signed by each team member.
- No whining, crying, or complaining… loud cursing of the RD’s name IS allowed.
- All challenges must be completed to finish the race.
- This is a competition, so no sharing.
- Cache boxes must be left EXACTLY as found…both condition and location.
- A device with compass capabilities, a knife, and a flashlight will be needed. Maps will be provided.
- Not adhering to any rules specified in will result in disqualification.
- If you decide to drop, you must immediately text the Race Director (Wade).
- Other race details to come.
Everyone who participated had a great time last year. Even if you’ve never ran a distance of this magnitude before, rest assured our CFV programming will have you ready to go. See Wade if you have questions.
Outlaw – Recovery day
CFV Thursday WOD
5x Tire flip/Jump thru. AHAP
10x Tire pushup
15x KBS @53/35#
100m sled drag @90/45#