9 simple ways to manage your health, energy, fitness, and body-weight.
- Eat real food. Green veggies and proteins that have mothers and faces are the best choices.
- Avoid sugar, grains, unhealthy fats, beans/legumes, and other poisons.
- Align your carb intake with your weight goals and activity levels. 50-100g/day is the weight-management “sweet spot”… below 50g is effortless weight loss.
- Move frequently at a slow pace: Get between 2-5 hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise. Hike, bike, jog, etc. at a conversation pace.
- Lift heavy things: Conduct 1-3 brief, INTENSE sessions of full-body functional movements, like squats, presses, snatches, C&J, and gymnastics.
- Sprint: Go “all out” once a week. Run, Airdyne, bike, row short (20-30sec) ME intervals with long rest periods 5-8 sets.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Nap when you get a chance.
- Get 15 minutes of direct sun exposure each day… or take a Vit D supplement during the winter.
- Play! Find time to let go, disconnect, unwind, laugh, and have fun OUTSIDE each day preferably with a friend.
“Improve your quality of life… frequently get seriously out of breath.” Erwan LeCorre.
1) Power clean – 1×5@50%, 1×5@60%, 1×5@70%, 2×5@75%
2) Snatch balance – 1×5@50%, 1×5@60%, 1×5@70%, 2×5@75%
3) Good morning – work up to 3 sets of 5x at moderate intensity. Heavy, but PERFECT.
CFV Tuesday WOD
Some running, then…
7x Pushpress 135/95#
10x OHS 135/95#