This LadyBlue was selected to the “All-Tourney – Team” at the Argyle tournament this weekend. I couldn’t be more proud.
On a side note… the barbell has a way of teaching us lessons about lifting, being our best, and life in general. Here are some things my barbell has taught me lately.
- Don’t get overly caught up in sets, reps, and all that BS… but, have a logical progressive plan… and stick to it.
- Trust and follow your coach/trainer/programmer… or get a new one.
- Work your f’ing a$$ off. There are no short-cuts or free-lunches.
- Range of motion is non-negotiable. If mobility is a factor, back off the weight until you can get into a position which is safe and strong.
- Don’t be skeered. Commit. Grab your bar like you’re trying to rip the head off a GD lion. (SHANKLE!)
- Slowly increase your ability to handle higher and higher workloads and weights.
- Study elite lifters… Jon North, Lidia Valentin, Dmitry Klokov, Donny Shankle, Ilya Ilyin, & Kendrick Farris. Youtube!
- More volume… more volume… more volume… in your training.
- Video yourself… see and accept how crappy you move… and fix it.
- 8 hours of sleep. Turn off the GD TV and shut your eyes… then get your a$$ out of bed… come to the gym.
- More water.
- Stop using the bathroom scale as a tool for assessment.
- Seriously, for the love of God, stop caring so much about your daily maxes, they are there as a GAUGE not a GOAL!
- Grow a beard (not you girls).
- Have fun with the occasional max-day, then move on to the REAL work. Drop the “F yeah”s and “Eat that sh!t” while running around the Box giving fist-bumps to your buds when you PR, but come back to reality quickly… see #1.
- Eat clean and EARN your carbs. 1x beer=1mile run.
- Drink strong coffee… and lots of it.
- Listen to White Zombie, Metallica, Tool, Pantera, and NIN.
- Tell your girl 5x daily that she’s beautiful… or your man. It keeps your world balanced.
- Think positive thoughts, forgive people, and never ruin an apology with an excuse.
- Slam your bar down (HARD) and scream when you’re excited or happy about a lift.
- Somedays, the BB is your best friend, other days your worst enemy. You won’t be 100% every day… accept it… it’s OK.
- There’s always someone better than you… chase them.
BBG – still working off same percentages, but add 5# to each lift from last week. NO MISSES!!! Log your weights.
1) Snatch 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 @75%, 80%, 80%, 85%, 85%, 85%, 85%
2) C&J 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 @75%, 80%, 80%, 85%, 85%, 85%, 85%
Bench Press (oh yes I did) Take 3-4 sets to work up to/find a 10RM, then 2 drop-sets… 1×10@ -5%, and 1×10 @ -10%.
3min Row for calories
CFV Monday WOD